Starter Lab Package
The Starter Lab Package consists of the Turbotest® bench-top mixer, an axial flow 4-blade propeller and a radial flow deflocculator.
Turbotest® is the bench mixer par excellence. It is present in half of French laboratories. It is the essential tool for any bench testing, formulation, quality test, new product development, and new process improvement. It has no equivalent for scaling up from the laboratory to industrial manufacturing and helps validate the turbine types and speed ranges depending on the rheology of the product being processed.
The Starter Lab Package comes with the Turbotest®, a deflocculator turbine and a 4-blade propeller, for a wide range of processes and applications. You can choose 6 references to be included in the package, which vary depending on the tools’ dimensions, and are adapted to the volume of the container to ensure homogeneous mixing (references for a volume of 250, 600, 1,000, 2,000, 3,000, or 5,000 mL).
Which mixing processes are possible with the Starter Lab Package?
For dispersion, emulsification and/or dissolution operations, the deflocculator turbine will be your best choice. Its low pumping effect combined with its high shearing is perfect for incorporating expanding agents and preparing fat and aqueous phases. The radial flow deflocculator is efficient for mixing highly liquid and moderately loaded products.
As for the 4-blade propeller, it is the tool recommended for suspending, maintaining suspension and homogenizing miscible liquids. Its downward blades create a vortex to incorporate powders. The axial flow 4-blade propeller offers a high-pumping effect and a low-shearing effect which enhances the product circulation to homogenize the mix.
Which applications with the Starter Lab Package?
The Turbotest® mixer with turbines is suitable for a wide range of finished products. The 4-blade propeller ensures the dilution and homogenization of liquid/liquid, miscible ingredients, and liquid/powder as for the formulation of serums, perfume, make-up removers and suntan oils.
To mix a discontinued dispersed phase with a continuous dispersant immiscible phase, the deflocculator is perfectly adapted with its high-shearing effect (inks, perfume, paints, lotions). The deflocculator turbine is also efficient for dispersion and emulsification processes, where the particles of the solid phase are not soluble in the liquid phase: gel, shampoo, ointments, pigmented cream formulations, sun creams…
The benefits of Turbotest®
Easily interchangeable tools, wide range of additional turbines
Wide range of capacity (250 mL to 5,000 mL)
Repeatability and scaling up of mixing parameters
Ease of use and operation: quick installation on bench, easy and secure adjustments
Hygienic design for laboratory environment
General characteristics of Turbotest® agitator
- Stainless steel construction with ABS PMMA casing
- Motor with integrated lock
- Safety beaker holder with memory adjustment of the diameter allowing easy interchanging of containers – patented
- Beaker diameter 50 to 300 mm
- 316 L stainless steel shaft, with male cone, length: 310 mm
- ABS control box, including all motor protections and safety management, speed variation device and motor power supply
- Adjustable user interface, with on/off buttons, speed and mixing time adjustment. Variable speed 50 to 3,300 tr/min
- 3 operating modes available: manual, automatic with or without cycle programming
- LCD backlit screen, with speed, time and consumed torque display
Tools in the Starter Lab Package
- Radial flow deflocculator turbine, for dispersion, emulsification and dissolution processes
- Axial flow 4-blade propeller for suspension and homogenization processes
- 440 W DC motor
- Electrical power: 440 W
- Voltage: Single-phase 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz (can vary depending on the electrical voltage of the country of delivery)
- Delivered with F-type plug (10/16A, 2P + E) and adapter depending on the country of delivery
Safety and regulations
- 2006/42/CE directive
- Operation prohibited if the agitator is in high position
- Operation prohibited if running without beaker
- Start-up at 50 rpm
- Emergency stop
Optional extras, to be ordered from VMI’s E-service
- Wide range of tools for agitation and mixing (turbines, propellers, emulsifier rotor/stator)
- Digital temperature probe
- Removable splash guard
- Support to remove the turbines
- Collapsible protective sleeve
- Stainless steel shaft and turbines
|Dimensions||H – 998 mmm|
L – 447 mm
D – 430 mm
|Weight||27 kg – up to 70 kg with packing|
Guarantees of a quality offer
Designed and manufactured in France
Special prices online
A responsive team near at hand